1. Which country has become the first country in the world to ban the mining of metals?
a. El Salvador
2. Which city has become the first Indian city to won Pierre L’enfant Planning Excellence and Achievement Awards-2017?
a. New Delhi
3. Name the Union Minister, who has been introduced Economic Survey 2016-17 in parliament recently?
(a) Narendra Modi
(b) Arun Jaitley
(c) Venkaiah Naidu
(d) Rajnath Singh
4. Who has been declared Man of the tournament in 2017 T-20 Deaf and Dumb Asia Cup?
a. Pravin Patil
b. Yeshwant Sidhaye
c. Imran Sheikh
d. Yashwanth Naidu
5. Vinu Chakravarthy, who passed away recently, was the renowned personality of which field?
c. Film Industry
6.Which Parliamentary Committee is described as ‘Watch-dog’ and guardian of the people against official negligence of corruption?
a. Committee on Public Undertaking
b. Public Accounts Committee
c. Committee on ‘Consolidated fund of India’
d. Committee on Estimates
7.The power to enlarge the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of India with respect to any matter included in the Union List of Legislative Power rests with
(a) The president of India
(b) The Chief Justice of India
(c) The Parliament
(d) The Union Ministry of Law justice and Company Affairs
8. Who finally approves the draft five-year plans?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Planning Commission
(d) National Development Council
9. When did the UN General Assembly adopt the statute of the International Civil Service Commission?
(a) December, 1974
(b) December, 1976
(c) December, 1979
(d) December, 1978
10. What Is an ECO- MARK?
(a) A scheme for labelling Environment Friendly Consumer Product
(b) A Scheme for labelling pollution free industrial Unit
(c) A Cost-effective Production Technique
(d) An International Certification recognizing, Eco Friendly building
11 How many times has Financial Emergency been declared in India so far?
a) 5 Times
b) 4 Times
12: The Comptroller and Auditor General is appointed by the President. He can be removed:
a) By the President
b) By the Supreme Court
c) On the recommendation of the President by the Supreme Court
d) On an address from both Houses of Parliament
13: Right to Education to all children between the age of 6 to 14 years is:
a) A Statutory Right
b) A Fundamental Right
c) Included in the Directive Principles of State Policy
d) None of these
14: Rajya Sabha can delay the Finance Bill sent for its consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of:
a) Seven days
b) One month
c) One year
d) Fourteen days
15: Which one of the following is the limit for the ratification of an emergency period by the Parliament?
a) 3 months
b) 6 months
c) 1 month
d) 14 days