1. The maxim ‘ignorantia juris non excusat’ means:
a. ignorance of law is no excuse
b. ignorance of fact is no excuse
c. ignorance of law is an excuse
d. ignorance of fact is an excuse
2. Section 76 & Section 79 of IPC provide the general exception of
a. mistake of law
b. mistake of fact
c. both mistake of law and fact
d. either mistake of law or of fact
3. A hangman who hangs the prisoners pursuant to the order of the court is exempt from criminal liability by virtue of
a. Section 76 of IPC
b. Section 78 of IPC
c. Section 77 of IPC
d. Section 80 of IPC
4. “A”,with the intention to kill, shoots aiming at “B”, instead “c” gets killed. The principle for holding “A” liable is known as
a. The doctrine of intention
b. The doctrine of transferred malice
c. The doctrine that no one can escape
d. None of these
5. The right to private defence is based on the natural instinct of
6. Section 511 does not apply in the case of
a. attempt of riot
b. attempt of murder
c. attempt of theft
d. attempt of affray
7. The essence of sedition is
b. benefits or gains of the accused
d. both intention and result.
8. A mental pain is
a. also covered under the offence of simple hurt.
b. not covered under the offence of simple hurt.
c. sometimes covered under the offence of simple hurt.
d. none of the above.
9. Under Indian Penal Code, there can be abetment to
a. a person of unsound mind
b. an infant
c. both (a) & (b)
d. neither (a) nor (b)
10. In which of the following cases, the punishment must be ‘simple’
a. Refusing to take oath.
b. Disobedience to an order duly promulgated by a public servant.
c. Wrongful restraint.
d. All of the above.