1. A joint statement of several witnesses recorded during investigation-
(A) will render these persons as incompetent witnesses
(B) will render their statement as inadmissible
(C) will neither render these persons as incompetent witnesses nor their evidence as inadmissible
(D) will render these persons as incompetent witnesses as well as their evidence as inadmissible.
2. For an offence punishable with three years imprisonment the limitation prescribed under Cr.P.C. is-
(A) 6 months
(B) 1 year
(C) 3 years
(D) None of the above.
3. An order passed under Section 125 of Cr.RC. can be challenged by the unsuccessful party by filing a revision-
(A) only before Chief Judicial Magistrate
(B) only before Sessions Judge
(C) only before High Court
(D) Either before the Sessions Judge or High Court.
4. In case of merger of the complaint with the police report, the procedure to be followed for the trial-
(A) shall be of the complaint case
(B) shall be of the case instituted on the police report
(C) shall be of both as per convenience during the trial
(D) shall be the one as directed by the Magistrate.
5. Power under Section 319 of Cr.RC. can be exercised-
(A) by the Magistrate and the Court of Sessions both only after recording of evidence during the inquiry or trial
(B) by the Magistrate before recording of evidence but by the Court of Sessions only after recording of evidence
(C) by The Magistrate and the Court of Sessions both even before recording of evidence
(D) . by the Magistrate only after recording evidence but by the Court of Sessions before recording of evidence.
6. ‘A’ and ‘B’ were about to travel from Allahabad to Delhi by the same train. ‘B’ had two tickets from Allahabad to Aligarh and ‘A’ had a ticket from Allahabad to Delhi ‘A’ voluntarily handed over his ticket to ‘B’ in order to check that it was the right one; ‘B’ under the pretence of returning ‘A’s ticket substituted it by one of his own and kept ‘A’s ticket. What offence did ‘B’ commit?
(C) Criminal misappropriation
7. Section 73 of the I.RC. provides for the maximum limit of solitary confinement to be-
(A) one year
(B) two years
(C) three months
(D) six months.
8. If the offence is punishable with fine only, the imprisonment which the court imposes in default of payment of the fine shall be-
(A) only simple
(B) only rigorous
(C) either simple or rigorous
(D) None of the above
9. Nothing is an offence which is done by a person who is-
(A) under 7 years of age
(B) under 14 years of age
(C) under 14 years of age
(D) under 16 years of age
10. Which one of the following statements is not true?
(A) For an unlawful assembly the number of persons must be five or more.
(B) Mere presence of a person at the scene of offence does not make him a member of an unlawful assembly.
(C) An assembly which was not unlawful when it assembled may subsequently become an unlawful assembly.
(D) When the accused persons are charged for committing mischief and for rioting separately, the acquittal from charge of mischief would entail automatically acquittal from charge of rioting.